Football Manager Staff Recommendation: Best Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is your right-hand and closest co-worker in Football Manager 2013. The Football Manager assistant manager can give you notifications and updates regarding your team on a weekly basis. He has one of the most important roles at your club, as he is the primarily link between you, the manager, and the squad (players in first team and youth team).
In this post I will reveal some of the most important staff attributes to look at when assigning a new assistant manager for your team.
This article will also give you more information about the responsibilities for an assistant manager and how you could take advantage of your excellent assistant manager for the benefit of player development.
As part of our backroom staff recommendations you will have an unique opportunity to download my custom made search filter for excellent assistant managers or the complete set of excellent backroom staff search filter.
Assistant Manager: Football Manager Staff role;
The FM13 Assistant Managers will take care of the day by day running in your club, in additional to other aspects of team management, he will give you vital information about your team throughout your managerial career.
The assistant manager should be a staff member you can both trust and rely on.
It is important that you and the assistant manager have something in common and share some of the same football philosophies.
You can learn more about individual backroom staff members preferred tactical preference in the individual staff profile, where you can target his preferred formation, playing style and playing mentality.
It is also important to remember that The Assistant manager needs good coaching skills and will be left in charge if you decides to take a leave of absence (going on a holiday).
Assistant Managers Responsibilities and Assignments
Primarily the Assistant Manager will give you advises and help you out day by day in your managerial career; normally regarding match preparation training,
His main assets;
- provide team reports on a pre-set schedule - spot squad weaknesses and strenghts
- compile a list of players who may be available for loan for a particular position in your team
- take control of match training; Match Preparation
- arrange friendly matches and take care of the team in friendlies
- attend press conferences
Other choose able staff responsibilities;
- find and make offers for young players for the future
- finalize signings for young players for the future
- finds a new club for Youth Team players you've listed for transfer/loan
- decide which Youth Team players' contracts to extend and handles negotiations
Assignments Pre-Match, during match and pro-matches:
- handle team talks and motivate your players to perform
- set pre-match opposition players instructions for the upcoming match
- notify you on match situations and give match feedback regarding tactics and player performances.
Required Staff attributes
An excellent assistant manager requires good skills in these staff attributes:
- Determination; if responsible for contract negotiations (renewals) and dealing with transfers (buying and selling). Also important for 5-star coaching skills, and is needed to determine individual training assignments and setup match training.
- Motivating; if responsible for team talks, contract negotiations and player development / coaching.
- Level of Discipline; strictness when coaching job
- Man Management; keeping players happy and organize a good individual coaching setup
- Working with youngsters; if responsible for finding and purchasing young players for the future.
- Tactical Knowledge; to give feedback during matches regarding tactics and performances and suggest opposition instructions.
- Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential; to give you an accurate player / team report and find young players for the future.
- Adaptability; if signed from a foreign football culture / foreign nation, or if not fully fit for the staff role.
An assistant manager may also need good coaching skills, check out our Football Manager guide on how to find excellent coaches in this article.
If you tends to use your assistant manager as responsible for press conferences, you may want to have a person with good media handling style, such as media friendly.
Share your best assistant managers for Football Manager 2013 patch 13.3.0 database in the comment field below
Excellent Assistant Managers of FM13
This list is only an example of some of the staffs from the search filter results. Staff attributes can fluctuate from save to save.
The information is just some of the important factors for this staff role, but I've tried to highlight the most important once. The list is filtered by tactical knowledge. Pay also attention to man management, when choosing your assistant manager.
Updated for 13.3.0.
|Name (Age)||Club||Man M.||Tac.
|Mauro Tassotti (52)||AC Milan||17||20||Tactics
|Francisco Ayestaran (49)||-||11||20||Defending||4,5|
|Jorge Valdano (56)||-||13||18||Tactics||4|
|Semen Altman (66)||17||18||Tactics||Not Tested|
|Italo Galbiati (74)||Russia||6||18||Not Tested|
|Alejandro Sabella (57)||Argentina||14||18||Not Tested|
|Ezio Sella (56)||Palermo||6||18||Not Tested|
|Jimmy Hampson (56)||West Ham||18||16||Not Tested|
|Francis Smerecki (62)||France U19||15||15||Not Tested|
|Antonio Bovenzi (46)||-||16||15||Not Tested|
|Luigi Iervese (36)||Pescara U20||20||15||Tactics
|Nicolo Frustalupi (35)||Napoli||15||15||Not Tested|
|Diego Bortoluzzi (45)||Udinese||11||15||Attacking||Not Tested|
|Martin Keown (45)||Arsenal||15||15||Not Tested|
|Mark Bowen (48)||-||16||15||Not Tested|
|Rosario di Vincenzo (71)||-||17||15||Not Tested|
|Tord Grip (74)||-||15||15||Not Tested|
|Michael Lindeman (48)||-||13||15||Aerobic,
|Gerson Sodre (54)||-||20||14||Not Tested|
|Tonnie Bruins Slot (65)||Ajax||14||14||Not Tested|
|Giuseppe Baresi (54)||Inter||16||14||Not Tested|
|Gian Nicola Bisciotti (52)||Algeria||14||14||Not Tested|
|Rodolfo Borrell (41)||Liverpool||14||14||Not Tested|
|Giacomo Murelli (48)||Bologna||19||14||Not Tested|
|Norbert Elgert (55)||Schalke U19||16||13||Tactical||Not Tested|
|Pat Rice (63)||Arsenal||17||13||Defending||Not Tested|
|Tito Vilanova (43)||-||14||13||Not Tested|
|Milton Cruz (54)||Sao Paulo||11||13||Not Tested|
|Josep Segura (55)||-||15||13||Ball Control?||Not Tested|
|Eric Black (48)||Q.P.R||13||13||Shooting?||Not Tested|
|Mike Phelan (49)||Man Utd||12||12||Not Tested|
|Jair Ventura (42)||Botafogo||15||12||Not Tested|
|Yves Bertucci (49)||-||11||12||Not Tested|
|Bruno Demichelis (65)||-||17||11||Fitness||5?|
|Alain Boghossian||-||19||11||Not Tested|
|Brain McClair (48)||Man Utd||15||11||Not Tested|
Download the complete set of Excellent Backroom Staff Search filter with scouts, coaches and Director of Football
FM13 Excellent Backroom Staff search filter
A collection of all the backroom staff search filters available for FM13.
Includes also search filters for Best Director of Football, Good Assistant Managers, excellent Head of Youth Development, excellent scouts/chief scouts and good physios.